Friday, August 19, 2011

Tarnished Silver


I Love tarnished silver. Believe it or not this tarnished mess of dirty silverware inspired me to do this to my little 1930's night stand. It would  have inspired some to clean it but not me. I wanted to get this look onto a piece of furniture. I know it's not for everyone but what did I have to loose? I only paid a dollar for this little cutie. I think it turned out pretty good. It definitely looks old and tarnished. I sprayed it silver, then sanded it then added some dark walnut stain. I have an old William and Mary Dinning set that I think this treatment would look great on. It has just the right amount of chipping veneer to grab the stain after it's silvered. Hold me back. If it's not nailed down it will be silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment